Personally I do not like Valentine's Day and I think it is a bullshit holiday. Every store you go to displays Valentine related stuff in your face. Advertisements, cards, treats, gifts and more offer promises of everlasting love.
I think my dislike for Valentine’s Day began many, many years ago in Elementary School. Each year the teacher would force all students to bring in a decorated shoe box for our Valentine’s Day party. Students would be given a list of names of every student in their class and were expected to make a Valentine to give to each one on the list. I would work hours to pick out the perfect little valentine card for each person. I was always so excited to give them out as school…only to be disappointed at peoples comments about my cards. Kids can say some really mean and hateful things. While I don’t remember the exact words, I do remember how much they hurt and how totally alone I always felt.
My dislike for Valentine's Day has gotten worse through the years thanks to worthless ex-boyfriends and an ex-husband. Maybe someday this stupid holiday will be wiped off the calendar.
5. Favorite smells? Lilacs, Roses, rain when it first starts falling, puppy breath, fresh baked bread, fresh baked cookies, and clean laundry.
6. Favorite sounds? My children's voices, the sounds of rain falling, and sometimes I enjoy no sound.
7. Worst feeling in the world? Losing someone you love.
8. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up? "I have to pee."
9. Favorite fast food place? Taco Bell
10. Future child’s name? I will not be having any more children.
11. Finish this statement. “If I had lot of money I’d….? If I had a lot of money, I would be out of debt.
12. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? I have many stuffed animals and every now and then I sleep with my one of my teddy bears.
13. Storms – cool or scary? Cool and sometimes cool & scary.
14. Favorite drink? Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper
15. Finish this statement, “If I had the time I would….”? If I had the time I would travel the world.
16. Do you eat the stems on broccoli? Yes
17. If you could dye your hair any color, what would be your choice? Black
18. Name all the different cities/towns you’ve lived in? Annapolis, Ironton, Piedmont, Vulcan, Pilot Knob, Leadington, Doe Run, Farmington, Desloge, Bonne Terre, De Soto, Dixon, St. Robert, Bangor.
19. Favorite sports to watch? Football
20. One nice thing about the person who sent this to you? They provide fun Sunday entertainment.
21. What’s under your bed? Dirty clothes, dog toys and dust.
22. Would you like to be born as yourself again? Yes.
23. Morning person, or night owl? Night owl
24. Over easy, or sunny side up? Over easy
25. Favorite place to relax? My bed
26. Favorite pie? Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
27. Favorite ice cream flavor? Black Walnut
28. Of all the people who play, how many of the posts do you usually read? All of them, though I don't always leave a comment.