35 to 40 saltine crackers
2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1 cup light brown sugar
8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 1 1/3 cups)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Line 1 large or 2 small jelly-roll pans with aluminum foil, spray with nonstick spray and arrange the saltines salt-side down in a single layer. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil until it turns a caramel color, a few minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the crackers, covering them evenly.
Put the jelly-roll pan into the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbly, watching carefully. Remove from the oven and pour the chocolate chips over the crackers. When the chips melt a bit, spread them over the crackers with a knife.
Transfer the pan to the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until completely cold. They will form one big sheet. Break up into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
1 teaspoon plus 4 tablespoons butter, divided
39 miniature candy canes, crushed (about 1 cup)
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle with half of the crushed candy; set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in 2/3 cup milk. Carefully pour over candy layer in prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, combine white baking chocolate and remaining butter. Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds; stir until smooth. Stir in the cream of tartar, remaining milk and candy. Spread over chocolate layer.
4. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Invert onto a cutting board; remove foil. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 1-3/4 pounds.
Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
1) Have you ever gotten lost in a maze? Yes, and it was quite embarrassing.
2) Have you ever been attacked by a wild animal? I have been hissed at by a opossum before. It had climbed into my trash can and was stuck. I tipped the can over and ran back in the house. About an hour later, I went back out and it was gone.
3) Have you ever ridden a camel? No, and I think it would be very uncomfortable to do so.
4) Have you ever pet a rat? Yes, I have petted a rat before. However, I have never had a pet rat.
5) Have you ever been a member of a gym? Yes, and never went.
6) Have you ever been in a helicopter? No, but I would like to.
7) Have you ever cheated at a test? In elementary school I cheated on a math test. I didn't know the answer to 8 times 8. After a paddling from the teacher I learned the answer was 64.
8) Have you ever ridden a tractor? I have ridden and driven a tractor.
9) Have you ever passed wind/gas in an embarrassing situation? Oh yes, many times. As a matter of fact, it happened yesterday at Sam's Club while shopping with my husband.
10) Have you ever played the bongos? I have but not very well.
11) Have you ever handled a snake? Yes, and I was very nervous.
12) Have you ever assembled furniture by yourself? Many times and I followed the directions!
13) Have you ever been scuba diving? No, but it is on my bucket list to do before I die.
14) Have you ever had a disastrous interview? One or two.
15) Have you ever sold your services? No, I have none to offer.
16) Have you ever raised money for charity? Yes I have. And I donate to several charities.
17) Have you ever won a giant sized cuddly toy from a fair? Not that I can remember.
18) Have you ever milked a cow? I have milked a cow. I was born and raised in the country you know.
19) Have you ever used the phrase "back in my time" to someone younger than you? I do this often.
20) Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink? No and I doubt anyone would eat the meal or sip the drink if I did.