March 5, 2017
Sunday Stealing: The Questions of Age
1. By a certain age, women should know how to pay their bills first then if there is left over money, do something fun.
2. By a certain age men, should pull up their pants.
3. When I was young I thought by now I would be living near my parents and children.
4. Now that I am older I wish I was younger.
5. You know that you are too old to do an activity when you cannot keep up with the younger crowd.
6. You know you are too young to do an activity when you cannot understand the directions.
7. When I was in high school I listened to the music of 80's hair bands and country.
8. When I was in college (or the next four years after high school) I listened to the music of 80's hair bands, and country, mixed in with some early 90's pop.
9. These days, at my age I find myself listening music of a little bit of everything.
10. For my last birthday I was at the hospital with my husband. He was very sick and ended up having surgery to remove his right foot (a below the knee amputation). He is now a double amputee.
11. On my next birthday I want to forget it is my birthday.
12. The best birthday present I ever got was handmade cards and gifts from my children.
13. The first time I felt that I was an adult was when my electric got shut off because I did not pay the bill (and didn't know how to pay it).
14. The last time I felt like I was still a kid was when my son and I went sledding in the winter of 2009.
15. I would sum up 2016 by saying it was a very heartbreaking, soul wrenching year.
16. I hope I will sum up 2017 by saying in December that life will be a little better.
17. So far in terms of age, I feel my first big milestone was when I was 20 and my mother died.
18. As I look forward to the rest of my life’s journey, I feel my biggest milestone of my life will be facing my fear of death and dealing with the fact of death without having a panic attack.
19. By the time I was the age I am now I am surprised that I haven’t yet traveled and see all 50 states.
20. By the time I am 65, I hope that I have my loved one living near me and we hang out often.
Labels: Sunday Stealing