This week's Sunday Stealing was stolen from “Gambrinous with Griffonage” which was written over seven years ago, so a few questions had to be updated.
2. Are you happy that the U.S. Supreme Court once again upheld a woman’s right to abortion? Yes.
3. Would our country cope any differently with a woman president? Our country will copy differently with any new president...male or female.
4. Do you believe in the death penalty? Yes.
5. Do you wish marijuana would be legalized already? Marijuana should have been legal years ago.
6. Do you believe in God? I want to believe....which is why I pray. However, through the years I lean more to not believing in God. I have my reasons but when I try to talk about them, most people are shocked and try to prove to me how God does exist. I don't need religion pushed down my throat.
7. How do you feel now that same-sex marriage is legalized? The same why I felt before it was legalized.
8. Do you think it’s wrong that so many Hispanics are moving to the USA? Depends on why they are moving here. Are they legalized? How will we feed them? Where will they live?
9. A 12-year-old girl has a baby… should she keep it? It depends on the situation. There is no cookie cutter answer.
10. Should the alcohol age be lowered to 18? Yes.
11. Should the wars in the Middle East be called off? It would be nice if wars could just be "called off". And it would be nice to not have war but even it the war was "called off" I am sure there would still be fighting.
12. Do you believe in spanking your children? Yes.
13. A mother is declared innocent after murdering her 5 children in a temporary insanity case… what do you think? I think she needs to be locked in an insane asylum for the rest of her life. I do not feel temporary insanity should be a defence in court.
14. Would you want to prosecute someone for burning their country’s flag as a method of protest? Yes.
15. It’s between you and a person who is being kept alive (with NO hope) by life support machines… one has to die? Who? It would depend on who the other person was. My preference is for me to live.
16. Are you afraid others will judge you from reading some of your answers? Yes....people are quite judgemental in this world.
Re #13...while your answer makes sense at face value, I think that we have to know the situation and the circumstances before passing judgment. I'm just glad I was not on such a jury.ReplyDelete
I agree with most of your answers (aren't we the brave ones this week, LOL). And I want to say that I'm sorry you have had such a bad experience with Christians. There are many (maybe even a majority) filling our churches that have no clue what the Bible actually says and yet they have a great many opinions they feel they need to shout to the world. I've been on the receiving end of it myself and it is such a turn off and betrayal because these are people who are supposed to know better, but in the end they are just as flawed as the rest of us.ReplyDelete