1. At what age did you move out of your parents’ home (or at what age do you plan to do so)? I moved out the first time when I was 18...but I came home a few months later. Then I moved out again a year later.
2. What, in your book, makes someone truly independent? I think someone is truly independent if they have a job, a car and pay their bills on time.
3. If you had to live for a full year on a deserted island without any other company at all, do you think you would be able to do it? I think I would be able to do it. I would enjoy the peace and quiet.
4. Take the quiz: How Independent Are You?
|Your Independence Level: Medium|
In some aspects of your life, you can be very self reliant.
Making your own informed choices feels great.
But you aren't as independent as you could be.
When things get stressful, you sometimes run away from the hard decisions you need to make.
5. When you have a major decision to make, on average, how many people do you talk to before making up your mind? It depends on what the decision is and if it is personal or something to do with work. At work I make decisions on my own but at times discuss things with my boss or the Board of Directors. At home I make some decisions with the help of my boyfriend and children.
6. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being most important, how important would you rate the approval of those closest to you? I rate the approval of those closest to me a 10. I prefer that they approve of what I do and if they don't approve I want to be able to discus it with them.