This week's Sunday Stealing was taken from ESL Conversations.
The meaning of Valentine's Day in my area of the world seems to be quite commercialized. People seem more focused on buying chocolate, greeting cards and flowers rather than actually focusing on the one they love.
2. Is Valentine’s Day more for men or women? Explain your answer.
I think Valentine's Day is geared more towards men as a reminder for them to tell the women in their life how much they love them.
3. Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day? What will you do?
I have no special plans for Valentine's Day.
4. Which traditional gift would you rather receive: chocolates, flowers, or a card with a personal message?
If I get a gift on Valentine's Day I would prefer it to be something I can actually use or something that I will actually like. Such as something for my house, Jeep or garden.
5. Is Valentine’s Day only about romantic love? Or is it a good occasion to celebrate friendship as well?
I think Valentine's Day is about all love. It is a day to celebrate the love we have for all our family and friends.
6. Do you like romantic movies? What is your favorite romantic movie?
I like some romantic movies. My favorite romantic movie is 50 First Dates.
7. Have you ever received a Valentine’s Day card or gift from a secret admirer? How did it make you feel?
I have and it made me feel as if I was being stalked.
8. Is Valentine’s Day the most romantic day of the year? If not, what day is?
I don't think Valentine's Day is the most romantic day of the year. The most romantic day is any day that I am with family and/or friends and we are enjoying life.
9. What is the most romantic thing you have done for another person?
I cannot think of anything. I need to work on this.
10. Valentine’s Day is promoted by companies whose only interest is making money. Discuss whether you agree or disagree.
I think companies tend to push Valentine's Day in order to make money. However, making money is one, if not the only, reason to be in business.
11. Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day date.
Spend the day at home, in bed, sleeping.
12. How should a single person spend Valentine’s Day? What do you suggest?
I suggest they spend the day however they wish. Do what makes them happy.
13. Do you enjoy playing cupid? Do you try to introduce people in the hope they will make a love match?
I do not enjoy playing cupid and I do not like introducing people in hopes they will be a love match.
14. Some restaurants charge higher prices on Valentine’s Day. Are you willing to pay more to dine out on this day?
I am not willing to pay more for a meal on Valentine's Day.
15. Is a romantic gesture more powerful on Valentine’s Day or on another day of the year?
I think romantic gestures are good any time of the year, not just on Valentine's Day.