This week's Sunday Stealing is from Sam Dobson, whose web site seems to be gone now.
1. If you could spend a day in someone else’s shoes who would it be and why?
I would like to spend the day in my daughter's shoes to see what she goes through each day. Maybe I would learn how to better connect with her.
2. Which celebrity gets on your nerves the most, and why?
Angelina Jolie gets on my nerves the most because she seems to be the most fake out of all the celebrities.
3. If you were going to bury a time capsule, what would you put in it?
I would put photos of my children, photos of my dogs and a document discussing my long line of ancestors.
4. What is your saddest memory?
My son dying and remembering every day, when I wake up that he is not here.
5. Would you rather be in your pajamas or a suit all day?
I would much rather be in my pajamas all day. I hate suits.
6. What’s the strangest place you’ve ever gone potty?
In the middle of the woods, next to the truck I was riding in. As I was starting to stand up, a deer jumped over the back of the truck and scared me. Thank goodness the deer cleared the truck bed and ran off! I am not sure what I would have done if it had gotten hurt.
7. How old were you went you had your first kiss?
I was in my very early teens but I no longer remember my exact age.
8. Do you have any strange or unique phobias?
I have a very irrational fear of death (Thanatophobia).
9. If you could bring back one toy from your childhood, what would it be?
I would bring my my teddy bear. I got her in the early 1970's and she was by my side until 1994. I lost her during a move from an apartment to a house.
The Queen of Hearts, so that I can yell, "Off with their heads!".
11. If your life was a novel, what would the title be.
The title of my life, if it was a novel would be, Don't Hold Your Breath.
12. What do you need more of in your life?
I need a dog or two and more happiness.
13. What are your top 3 quotes?
"We are all broken, that's how the light gets in." (Ernest Hemingway)
“We are never very far from those we hate. For this very reason, we shall never be truly close to those we love.” (“Cold Skin” by Albert Sanchez Pinol © 2002; Translated by Cheryl Leah Morgan © 2005)
“You've gotta be original, because if you're like someone else, what do they need you for?” (Bernadette Peters)
14. What do you want people to remember about you?
I want people to remember that I tried my best.
15. What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made?
The biggest mistake I have made is not spending more time (quality time) with my children.