May 17, 2020
Sunday Stealing: Ty and Logan
1. Where did your name come from?
My mom named me after Mike Shannon. He played professional baseball for the St. Louis Cardinals and is a Cardinals radio broadcaster.
2. Where were you born?
I was born in a hospital about 40 miles from where I was raised.
3. What as your house like, growing up?
When I was really young, we lived in my great grandfather's house. Around age 6, Mom and Dad purchased a new single wide trailer for us to live in and they tore down the old house. Then in 1985, Mom and Dad sold the trailer and Dad built a new, huge, three bedroom house.
4. What was your childhood bedroom like?
My childhood bedroom had a lot of stuff animals, posters and pillows in it.
5. Did you travel as a child? Where?
My parents took us on a lot of adventures in the summer time. We visited The Great Smokey Mountains often; and traveled all over the southern U.S. states.
6. Write about your grandparents.
I never met my dad's parents, as they both died before I was born. My mom's parents lived next door to us and it was awesome! I loved sitting on their front porch with them, listening to Grandpa talk about his life growing up.
7. Who taught you how to drive?
My dad unofficially taught me how to drive. It started with me sitting on his lap while he drove (allowing me to help) then when I was able to reach the pedals, I drove by myself. Officially I took Driver's Education when I was 15 and got my license at age 16.
8. When did you first leave home?
I first left home the summer before I turned 18. But I was not gone long. I went back home where life was easier.
9. What did your parents do for work?
My dad worked for the railroad and mom work in a hat factory. Mom did not start working until I was in high school because she was bored at him.
10. Who inspired you as you matured?
No one in particular.
11. What was the best part of your 20s?
My children and the time I got to spend with them while they were young.
12. What as the best part of your 30s?
The time I got to spend with my children as they entered their teens.
13. Where is the most fascinating place you’ve visited
The Great Smokey Mountains because of the memories of family trips there.
14. What is your favorite family story?
As a kid I was told that a family member (World's Tallest Man) was in the Guinness Book of World Records. It was awesome to hear about, and read about and to brag about!
15. What was your most memorable birthday?
I cannot think of any that would be the most memorable.
16. What was your favorite food as a child?
All of it! LOL I was (and still am) quite fat. My most favorite thing was mom's homemade chicken and dumplings.
Labels: Sunday Stealing