1. Is it more important to love or be loved? One can be taught how to love, so I think it is more important to be loved.
2. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it? It would depend on what that one thing is.
3. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish? I would want to travel more and visit places on my bucket list.
4. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance? Innocence is the lack of knowledge, while ignorance is having the knowledge but the person chooses to ignore the knowledge.
5. What is the simplest truth you can express in words? My soul hurts and my heart is nearly empty.
6. What gives your life meaning? I am currently trying to figure that out.
7. Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war? Not in my opinion.
8. What’s the one thing you’d like others to remember about you at the end of your life? I want them to remember that I tried my very best.
9. Is there such a thing as perfect? Hell no.
10. What do you love most about yourself? My ability to bounce back.
11. Is it more important to do what you love or to love what you are doing? For me, I need to love what I am doing or I will lose interest.
12. What do you imagine yourself doing ten years from now? Pretty much the same things I do now.
13. What small act of kindness were you once shown that you will never forget? My kids and I were at the ice cream shop and had just ordered egg nog shakes. As the shakes were being made I went to the counter to pay for them. The cashier told me that two U.S. Army soldiers had already paid for our order. My son ran to the soldiers and hugged them both. It had been a very rough month and that kindness made life much more bearable.
14. To what degree have you controlled the course your life has taken? At least 75%.
15. If you looked into the heart of your enemy, what do you think you would find that is different from what is in your own heart? I would find a lack of kindness and compassion in their heart.