February 4, 2018
Sunday Stealing: Hodgepodge
1. January was National Mentoring Month. Have you ever had a mentor? Been a mentor? How would you rate the experience? I have been a mentor and I have mentored. I found both experience to be equally rewarding.
2. What current trend makes no sense to you? The whole eating a tide pod thing. Really?!
3. I saw a cartoon on Facebook highlighting a few 'weird' things that make you happy as an adult. The list included-writing with a nice pen, having plans cancelled, freshly cleaned sheets, eating the corner brownie, cleaning the dryer lint screen, and sipping coffee in that brief time before anyone else wakes up. Of the 'weird' things listed which one makes you happiest? What is one more 'weird' thing you'd add to the list? Eating dessert BEFORE I eat my meal.
4. What's the last good thing you ate? A Russell Stovers Pecan Delight chocolate.
5. Describe life in your 20's in one sentence. A whirlwind of having to grow up too fast.
6. It's that time of year again...time for Lake Superior University to present a list of words (or phrases) they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, or genera uselessness) in 2018. This year's top vote getters are -- unpack, dish (as in dish out the latest rumor), pre-owned, onboarding/offboarding, nothingburger, let that sink in, let me ask you this, impactful, Cofefe, drill down, fake news, hot water heater (hot water doesn't need to be heated), and gig economy
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add? Cofefe can be removed. I am so very tired of hearing it and ready about it. I vote to remove "so be it"!
7. What's something you need to get rid of in the new year? I have a lot of useless things in my house that I need to get rid of.
8. Where do you feel stuck? In my own head...not a good thing.
9. January is National Soup Month. When did you last have a bowl of soup? Was it made from scratch or from a can? Your favorite canned soup? Your favorite soup to make from scratch on a cold winter's day? Earlier this week I had soup for lunch, while at work. It was soup from a can. My favorite canned soup is Chicken Noodle. I do not make soup from scratch.
10. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in 2018. I am still looking for it.
Labels: Sunday Stealing