2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year? What are they? What are your new ones? I did not make any resolutions for last year and I have not made any for this year.
3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or become pregnant? Or adopt? My niece, Ashley became pregnant.
4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness/injury? My Uncle Leon passed away, as well as a few friends. I know a few people that were in the hospital and a few that were in car accidents.
5. What places have you visited? I did not travel much in 2017. I did go to Rock Island, Illinois for job training but did not go anywhere for personal reasons.
6. Any new pets? Lost a pet? I found a kitten outside in the cold in December 2017. I took her to the Coulee Region Humane Society so they could find her family. No one came for her, so she was adopted out to a loving family.
7. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing i.e. love, job security, peace of mind...)? Happiness.
8. What date from last year will remain etched in your memory and why? March 14, 2017....very personal reasons, that I wish to not discuss.
9. What was your biggest achievement last year? I got a promotion at work!
10. Did you get sick or injured? I was sick a few times during the year but no major injuries.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new winter coat.
12. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, medical care, basic clothing, transportation and shelter)? Dog toys, treats, and food; video games.
13. What song will always remind you of last year? Doesn't have to be a song released last year. Thunder by Imagine Dragons
15. What do you wish you would have done less of? Less drama, less bullshit, less childish behavior, less lying.
16. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?
New TV Program: Season 2 of Stranger Things.
Movie: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Album: Evolve by Imagine Dragons
Song: Thunder by Imagine Dragons
I recommend watching Stranger Things.
17. What was the best book you read this year? How many did you read? I read around 48ish books last year (at least that is what I tracked on my Goodreads account). None of them really stood out as the best book.
18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently? I turned 47 years old on my birthday last year. I took the day off from work for doctor appointments. I feel very old.
19. What political or social issue stirred you the most? Some mattered a lot to me but none stood out as stirring me the most.
20. Who was the most interesting new person you met? I did not meet any interesting new people.
21. Describe how a relationship changed. She and I no longer speak. She asked me to never talk to her again. Which is fine, because I cannot stand the lies anymore or the fantasy world she lives in. I have sent her a few messages on Facebook (because I do love her very much and will always want to know how she is doing)...she has not responded to me. So, I have learned to let it go. I wish her love, joy, peace and happiness in whatever path she chooses in life.
22. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year? How so? I am not the same person. I have changed a lot since my son died in 2016. Some of the changes I like, some I don't. I am working on the changes I don't like.
23. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain. Stressful
24. How have people around you changed? I think so.
25. What have you learned throughout the year? (Other than crafts) I have learned that not everyone has the same heart that I do. Not everyone is kind and some don't even know how to be kind.
26. Did you learn any new crafts or techniques? What was your favorite thing you made? I did not learn any new crafts or techniques and I did not make anything.
27. What changed about your physical appearance? (Hair? Wrinkles? New makeup style? Etc) My hair is grayer and I have more wrinkles. And I gained more weight.
28. What are your hopes and dreams for the new year? (Some suggestions-family, travel, work, lifestyle, hobbies, pets, appearance). I hope to lose weight and keep it off. Also, I hope to take a vacation to the Great Smokey Mountains this year.