July 24, 2016
Sunday Stealing: The Beach Boys' Meme
In high school I had a crush on a few guys but they never knew I existed. And if they did know that I existed, they ignored me.
2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy…” Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days?
Looking back now, I realize that high school was not all that great. Things I worried about in high school was nothing compared too my real experiences in life.
3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…” What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager?
I was not allowed to drive my mom's car or my dad's truck. Being stuck at home sucked at the time.
4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around” Where did you go on your last long trip?
My husband and I went to Dallas, Texas to see my son, Colt. Those of you that follow me on Facebook or read this blog know that Colt was in the hospital being treated for Acute Myeloid Leukemia; and that Colt passed away on March 10, 2016.
5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind” What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship?
It depends on what the personal tragedy is. Some things are very easy for me to "bounce back" from. But other things, like the loss of my son, requires a lot of healing time.
6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand” Where are the best boys found?
I have no idea.
7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…” What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on?
Many, many years ago, the kids and I went on a camping trip...and it rained the entire time. Our tent even got soaked with rain on the inside so the three of us, with two dogs slept in my little car. Needless to say we packed up early and went home.
8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…” What is your biggest wish?
I wish for all the cancer in the world to be gone. I also wish for all child abuse, animal abuse and all other abuse to cease.
9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room.” What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office?
My favorite thing about my personal space is that I feel safe and comfortable. I can sit around in my pajamas, not brush my hair, not put on makeup and just be me.
10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you” When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them?
11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…” When do you get good vibrations?
I turn the radio up and sing at the top of my lungs!
12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…” What is your favorite warm weather destination?
13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…” If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again?
I am still friends with most of my school friends and we keep in touch regularly, thanks to social media.
Labels: Sunday Stealing