February 11, 2015
Wednesday Hodgepodge: Tomorrow is Another Day
In my younger years, I wrote a love letter or two or ten. But I have not written one in years. Back in the late 1990's, a man I was dating (Shawn) wrote me many love letters....and I still have them to this day.
2. What's a movie that ends in a way you especially love?
My all time favorite movie is Gone With the Wind. So, of course I love the ending..."after all, tomorrow is another day."
3. Something that makes your heart sing? And for those of you who are parents, I mean something besides your children that makes your heart sing?
My dog, Shelby, makes my heart sing. I love coming home after a long day at work to be greeted at the door by Shelby's happy face. Her unconditional love is beyond amazing!
4. What's the last event you had to attend, phone call you had to make, routine task you needed to complete, or meal you had to prepare, that you did do, but only half-heartedly?
Early this week at work we had to attend an hour long training that was totally a waste of time. I spent the hour day dreaming and picking the nail polish off of my fingernails.
5. Tuna fish salad-yay or blech? If you said yay, how do you like your tuna salad prepared? Hey, this is the Hodgepodge, right?
I don't mind tuna fish salad every now and then...once or twice a year. I like it prepared with tuna, mayo and a little bit of pickle relish, served on white bread.
6. What's something you 'know by heart'?
The movie I mentioned above. :) I also know the words to hundreds of songs, which includes a lot of 1980's music.
7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, what two or three word phrase would you write on a conversation heart for someone you love? That someone could be a spouse, child, parent, cousin, bestie...anyone at all whom you love.
To my children - "Call More Often". To my parents and grandparents - "I miss you"
8. Random Thought: I think Valentine's Day is the worst holiday ever. My wish is that it was removed as a holiday.
Labels: Wednesday Hodgepodge