3 lb Yam, raw (boiled, cooled, and peeled)
1/2 cup Butter
1 pinch Table Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 cup Honey, strained or extracted
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon,
2 med Apples, raw, with skin (peeled, cored, sliced)
1. In a large bowl, mash yams with 1/4 cup butter, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Melt remaining butter in a skillet over medium-heat with nutmeg and honey.
3. Pour into the bottom of a casserole dish and layer with apples.
4. Add mashed yams and top with cinnamon.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes until bubbling.