You can read more about this challenge at www.a-to-zchallenge.com/p/what-is-blogging-from-to-z.html
Today we are working on the letter...."D".
My husband, many family members and many friends have Diabetes. Diabetes is a lifelong, chronic disease that forces a person to change everything in their life (diet, exercise, etc).
It's not easy to hear you have diabetes. But for millions of people, learning about their diabetes is the first step toward feeling better and living a longer, healthier life.
There are two types of diabetes, which may cause the following symptoms:
Type 1 Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Unusual thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Extreme fatigue and Irritability
Type 2 Diabetes (Often people with type 2 diabetes have no symptoms)
- Any of the type 1 symptoms
- Frequent infections
- Blurred vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
- Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
To find out more about diabetes please visit any of the following web sites:
- American Diabetes Association - www.diabetes.org
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International - www.jdrf.org
- National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion - www.cdc.gov/diabetes/
- National Diabetes Education Program - http://ndep.nih.gov/
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse - www.diabetes.niddk.nih.gov