Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Sunday Stealing (late post): Bud's Last Stand of 2016
Posted By: Shannon W.
2. Best thing that happened to you was...I got to see my daughter.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? Nothing outside of the United States.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016? More time to spend with my children.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? March 10th...the day my son passed away. February 19th...the last time I gave my son a hug.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making it though the year without breaking down.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not seeing my children more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had pneumonia in February/March 2016.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Gas for my Jeep for the trips to Texas to see my son.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? No one's.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Several people.
14. Where did most of your money go? Gas, food, bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Hope that my son's cancer would be cured.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016? 6th Avenue Heartache by The Wallflowers
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? I am fatter, sadder and poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent time with my children.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Sleeping
20. How will you spend New Year's Eve? Sitting at home with my dog and husband, playing video games and watching tv.
21. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Every step I take, Every move I make, Every single day, Every time I pray, I'll be missing you"
22. What was your favorite new TV program? Code Black
23. What was the rudest thing someone did to you in 2016? Someone told me to "get over it". "It" being the death of my son.
24. What was the best book you read? I read a few good books but none of them stood out as the best.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Twenty-One Pilots
26. What did you want and get? A few new shirts, a pair of pants and a few new scarves.
27. What did you want and not get? To spend more time with my son.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Secret Life of Pets
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 46 and spend time with family for my birthday.
30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Nothing that I can think of.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016? I have no fashion concept. I just wear what is comfortable.
32. What kept you sane? My dog and my job.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None of them.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? A few of them.
35. Who did you miss? My children.
36. Who was the best new person you met? A few new co-workers.
Labels: Sunday Stealing